Pain-Free and Comfortable Extractions in Glendale
We understand that the thought of having a dental extraction can be overwhelming; however, often, it is the only treatment that can relieve you of the pain and discomfort you’re feeling.
And as scary as extractions may sound, they are a fairly common and simple procedure. They immediately relieve you of the unbearable pain caused by a severely damaged or infected tooth.
At AZ Cosmetic and Family Dentistry, we perform simple to complex extractions using sterilized and advanced tools. In case of complications, we will forward your case to an oral surgeon for the best treatment.
Why You May Need an Extraction?
Although it is a dentist’s top priority to protect all teeth, extractions become necessary in some cases. Reasons why you may need an extraction are:
- Broken or damaged teeth beyond repair
- Decayed or infected teeth beyond repair
- Overly crowded teeth
- Infection of the gums causes the teeth to fall out
Our dentists at Glendale will perform a thorough analysis before recommending a tooth extraction. We will discuss different options and guide you about the best treatment plan.
Achieving optimal oral health for our patients is our top priority. We provide our patients will all the tools necessary to make an informed decision.
How Does It Work?
General extractions are performed quickly. Local anesthesia is applied to numb the area and prevent discomfort. Once the affected area is numb, the dentist gently extracts the tooth using an elevator. Simple extractions are performed when the tooth is partially attached to the gum tissue or already loose.
Care After Extraction
Simple extractions heal in a short time. The following simple home care tips can speed up the healing process and increase comfort:
- Avoid eating or chewing hard food up to two hours after the extraction.
- Use a cold compress to reduce swelling and pain.
- Do not eat sticky foods.
- Do not smoke, poke, or touch the extraction area to prevent infection.
- Avoid rinsing your mouth after extraction.
- Eat soft foods like yogurt, eggs, soups, and puddings.
- Use dental gauze to promote clotting and control bleeding.
If you experience any pain or discomfort after extraction, get in touch with our expert dentists in Glendale immediately.